Master Trainers’ is a primary school based on the Cambridge curriculum. The methods followed by the pedagogic staff and teachers are based on the students’ holistic requisites and interests. The curriculum mainly focuses on linguistic and mental development of the toddlers and primary pupils. Our pivotal motto is to build the character of the naïve minds and to instill moralistic values in them, synchronous to academic development and environmental awareness hence we have carefully designed our curriculum to contribute in the education field, with the conviction to be a benefactor towards the overall well-being of each individual student.
Pre Primary & Primary
What is a school?
A place that is enriched with every such facet that provides moral, academic, civil, social and linguistic sustenance to a child and refines the child’s nascent years with the ambition and conviction to fledge an urbanite with propriety and meritorious skill and knowledge. These objectives can be achieved with a keen and passionate approach of the adult present in the place who fosters watchfulness and ingenious ways to inspire the child towards positive and constructive practices. It’s a place where the child should learn the discrimination between needs and wants, vice and virtue, arrogance and deference, greed and gratitude, facility and luxury, informing and seeking consent, materialism and material-wisdom. It’s a place where the child is directed towards independence and maturity with a benign and conscientious support and allow his/her assets and potentials spread wings substantially. A place where the child’s mental, motor and emotional needs are satiated compassionately and onerously. A place that nourishes a child with the ability to empower his/her weaknesses and transform them into strengths and by so doing is confident, articulate, groomed and mature to face and survive in society honourably.
Our environment represents the aforementioned description of a school where only amenities aren’t enough and are to be sagaciously provided keeping the child’s tangible and intangible needs balanced. We offer a compact area by choice with the purview of being accessible to every child individually to diminish the misgivings and chances of ordeals and mischief. The classrooms and environment accommodate the strength of pupils in accordance with our policy. Comfort and access to the adult are primarily monitored. Deploying an office on each floor is with our perspective of vigilance. Teachers are permanently present in the classes entitled to be accountable for each child’s welfare.
Reception: Reception is the first class of the pre-primary section as well as of the school. The age criterion for Reception is minimum two years. Reception class focuses on the adjustment to the environment outside their home and development of positive habits among the children. Improvement of linguistic skills is emphasized too. Teaching manners and courtesy to the students are the fundamental factors of Reception availing the absorbent years of the child. Refinement of speech and articulation is the distinctive objective of this level to downplay accents and make the child voluble and distinct in pronunciation; integrated with this aim, nomenclature is a noteworthy and regular lesson conducted whereby the pupils are acclimatized with all objects, animals, people, fruits, confectionery and such other classifications. Elemental vocabulary is embellished with induction of words a child needs to use to express his needs and emote verbally. The subjects are designed to ameliorate the cognitive, psycho-motor skills of the students. Demonstration and activity is a consecutive feature to develop the alacrity of the young pupils and regale them while they learn. This level is spend to expedite the process of normalization of the child who is experiencing the advent of academic life and is entering an unfamiliar environment. Every activity and module is wrought to facilitate the child’s emotional stability and comfort him/her to engage in co-curricular and curricular sessions by volition and not by force. This level lays the foundation and is the benchmark for a student to establish his niche in studentship in the future.
Inception: The students are promoted to Inception after passing Reception. The students are well-adjusted to the environment by the time they reach Inception. Inception class does not only emphasize on all the features done in Reception but we also take an initiative towards written skills. The students are taught how to trace curves, lines etc. Reading is also primarily focused especially two, three and four letter words. Reading is done by mustering of sounds.
Nursery: Class Nursery includes the development of writing skills along with the verbal. The students have exercise books of three basic subjects (English, Urdu and Mathematics). They learn how to write letters, numbers through curves and lines. Reading skills are also enhanced by reading of advanced words.
Kindergarten: Kindergarten class is a preparatory class before primary. The subjects are increased. The concept of Grammar is started. Information about environment (body parts, plants) is also imparted. Mathematical concepts are developed by teaching two basic mathematical operations. Reading is simultaneously focused. The students’ comprehension is focused by teaching them different concepts verbally and in written.
Classes one/two: The first two primary classes focus on development of linguistic skills orally and in written. The concept of figurative language is also given. Grammatical skills are enhanced through verb agreement. Learning of spellings is also emphasized. Ethical development is taught synchronously. Creativity is a separate subject where students reveal their mental aptitude.
Classes three/four/five: The curriculum of upper primary classes is designed in such a way that it increases the rationality and analytic aspect of the pupils. The students are taught to do analysis about the written context and on their own creativity as well.Information about Science and Social Studies are included as separate subject.
Computer and Literature are also started from class four.
- Presumptive elucidation: When a word/ concept is explained, we believe in giving examples with each concept delivered.
- Practical demonstration: The teachers render practical demonstration to the pupils where needed. This helps the pupils to relate the theoretical concepts with the real life.
- Activities: Activities are done to make the deliverance of lesson interesting and enthralling.
- Usage of Vocabulary: Usage of vocabulary is must with each concept. The words are not only discussed with meanings but with the application too.
- Association: The concepts are not merely inserted inside the students’ brain but they are taught with associative factors and concepts so that the learners can remember them for a long time.
Academic aids help the teachers to impart the knowledge to the pupils and the students to enrich their acquisition in a constructive way.
- Text books: Text books are carefully selectedto titivate pupils’ calibre. Text books are not only used to enhance reading and comprehension. They are also used to enhance linguistic skills. Selective study is done from the text books as we focus on allthe aspects of one topic.
- Folder: Folders are given to the students from class Kindergarten to class Five. Reading lists, spellings lists, scripts on different topics, terminologies are prepared by the innovation of the teacher and given to the students according to their levels.
- School’s notes: We don’t rely on text books merely. Our administration and staff together prepare topics for study for different classes. Moralistic concepts are purposely included to give moral awareness to the children. Vocabulary is also added to enhance the linguistic abilities of the pupil.
- Chart papers/ flash cards: Flash cards are used for showing pictures of nomenclature as well as for doing reading. The classes are well equipped with academic materials especially chart papers which help the learners to self-tutelage.
- Worksheets: Master Trainers’ worksheets are especially designed for individual classes to teach the learners different concepts through interesting and innovative exercises.
is designed to pursue interpretation of each notion of knowledge being imparted and not just trite book work. English language, reading and social education are exhaustively emphasized with extreme precedence and are correlated with all different subjects and activities.
Social Science, Physical Science, English Grammar, Nomenclature, General Knowledge, Physical Exercise, Poetry, Classified Learning, Urdu, Phonics, Mathematics and Religion are other key subjects which are catered individually. Each subject is contended with meticulous and presumptive clarity to implement the method of primacy that is of cognition-oriented techniques that is to enable the young learners to apply and incarnate all percepts holistically rather than subjectively.
Festive celebration and information is a facet of the curriculum that is organized in contiguity with academic convenience.
Special educational events such as profession’s week, An egg day, fruit’s gallery and word month are scheduled to supplement academic lore.
Examinations are conducted twice in a year. Every time, before the initiation of the assessment, the students are apprised not to take exam as a pressure but are mentally prepared to consider assessmentsas a test to examine their abilities so that further improvement can be done too. The concepts of invigilator, examinee,décor of an examination hall etc are given to the pupils to make them aware about their expected code of conduct during the assessment. The students are trained to give examination on moralistic grounds also. Importance of honesty during these days is highly emphasized.
Following are the salient features of our examination system.
- The invigilators are trained to consider this time as a test for their abilities too which is helpful later on for further improvement.
- The décor is given very much importance during the assessment. How to be sensible, cooperative and honest?
- The students are not left abandoned with a question paper and an answer sheet. Thorough explanation is given and simultaneous encouragement is done too.
- The whole paper is not given together but is distributed in sheets sensibly not only to avoid cheating but also to give a chance to the learners to give attention to each and every question.
- Activity oriented examination is fundamental at the pre primary level.
- The teachers discuss the follies, or the carelessness exhibited, after the paper.
- The checking of the papers is also based on student holistic performance depicted and their level of comprehension during the term.
Parent teacher coordination for the result is organized after the mid term and final term examination (twice in an academic year).
The progress report of the child is not only based on the marks and grades of the examination but it is prepared according to the holistic performance of the child. The school’s progress report has a particular section for the analytical comments where the progress of the child’s cognitive, linguistic, social, academic skills are specified.
Each parent is individually and exclusively given attention by the academic team in P.T.Ms so that the academic and social executions and problems of the child can be meticulously discussed and pertinent solutions can be presented to the parent.
Co-curricular activities are also arranged for the pupils but first maturity, magnanimity and sagacity are instilled in them so that they exhibit sportsman spirit and believe in competing with their ownselves not with others. Co-curricular activities are also performed under the supervision of adults to avoid ordeals. They can include the following.
- Sports: Students are encouraged to play sports like badminton, throw ball etc. It is taught to them how to manage the physical movements in a sports field.
- Portfolio: Classes 3,4 and 5 have a portfolio which is record of the activities done in association with their academics.
For example: collecting and pasting pictures, recording a plant’s growth etc.
- Art and craft: Students are taught to recycle materials and prepare different useful things like paper bags, stationery holder, picture frames etc